Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Keepers DAY 23

I'm not sure who is ever going to read this blog. This must be the most boring account out there. It's like watching grass grow. Sure, we all put fertilizer on in the spring and give it lots of water, and everyone likes a green lawn, but no one is crazy enough to sit and watch it grow. Come to think of it, watching grass grow might just be a tad more interesting than watching a writer write.

But here I type, unwilling to give it all up just yet. But in all reality, I think I write this blog for my own sake. It keeps me honest and committed to the end result and product. And maybe that's a good enough reason to keep doing this.

Yesterday I picked up writing after a very hard day of frustrated story lines and "movement." I also realized that I am nearing the length for this chapter and haven't even really gotten to the main parts of the story I need to have happen.

And then I had a thought last night. It's not a new one but it applied to this one. In one of Stephen King's book I read years ago (something about Bones in the title, I think) there was a line in it that said, "You can't rush stories with magic in them." I would love to just skip to the parts I think need to be written, but this story is really beginning to take on a life of it's own. You know, I may just have two chapters describing his return home and the death and funeral of his father instead of one, and that's okay. Especially as with the introduction of this new character (the new love interest).

Last night was Lost and the season premier of V, so I had to turn in early to watch them with the wife. But consistency is the key here, as I strive to reach that word goal each day. Maybe today I can start making up time/words.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 21,387 (+1229)

No comments:

Post a Comment