Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Keepers DAY 15

I wonder if this blog is as boring to others and it feels to me. I'm not sure if I have terribly insightful insight every day. Most days it's just a process of doing it, getting the words down on paper, and moving the story along. Not much to say other than that. Had company over for dinner. She brought her latest pictures from Jerusalem. It was very inspiring. Didn't start writing until 10pm, though. Had to call it quits a little early. Didn't quite reach 2000 words.

But one thing does come to mind. I had expected to just have just a paragraph describing dinner, that it was good, and mentioning some small talk. Instead, I found myself writing almost 4 pages of this dinner scene. Now, every scene must move the story along in some way, and I was surprised to see how this little, additional scene was able to show new depths of the main character. And, it was fun to write.

Today I start the chapter introducing (and subsequently killing) the main character's father. This is a pivotal scene in the book as much of what will follow is directly related to the motivation for and the act of killing him. I have already established the villain as really bad and a bit crazy, so this will serve to magnify this. It should be fun. All I have to do is find a name for him (this morning, before I start writing...he has to have a name before I can start writing him).

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 11,822 (+1850)

No comments:

Post a Comment