Sunday, March 28, 2010

Keepers DAY 20

Today is Sunday. Yesterday was spent typing an entire chapter that was handwritten Thursday and Friday. I may write everyday, but I find that typing everyday can sometimes be a strain.

But yesterday I typed over 4000 words. It was a good couple of days.

I also spent some time researching and reading up on ancient Jewish funerals. I'm still not entirely sure how the chapter is going to flesh out, but I know I need more information. I also realized that I need another secondary character to spend this next chapter with the main character. He will be relatively alone when he learns of his father's death, and I don't want to write a chapter filled mostly with his internal thoughts and narrative. I need interaction, someone for him to talk to, to complain to; someone who will help him through this challenge and emotional day. Someone from his childhood, someone who knew he was coming home soon. Who would his father have confided in and shared his excitement with his son coming home after all these years? I need to find out who that was.

Anyway, I am really liking the schedule and progress so far. It doesn't seem like much until I go back to look through an earlier chapter. A lot has happened so far...but there is so much more to happen. It is a different feeling having the story simply unfold in front of me, instead of writing it in spurts and fragments. I like this way better.

I wonder if I should skip this next chapter (at least the first half) until I have more information and can spend some more time on the funeral process and the events of the day. There is still action to happen at the end of the chapter. I'm thinking I might just do that. We'll see how tomorrow efforts go.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 19,238 (+4098)

No comments:

Post a Comment