Thursday, March 18, 2010

Keepers DAY 10

The time it is taking me to write my 2000 words is becoming less and less. But I find myself still relying on the handwritten outline, so in essence I am writing nearly 4000 words a day. But I guess that's OK.

I am having to remind myself that this draft does not have to sound or be perfect. I am using words that I know I will go back later and "dumb-down" because no one really uses words like those, but they were the first words to come to mind. Although I do find using an online thesaurus helpful. Instead of flipping open my old, trusted thesaurus, I can just tab over enter the word and have dozens of suggestions at my fingertips.

This first version, as Stephen King says, if for me, the writer. This is my time to just tell my story. I have to not worry about what the reader will think, or how the words need to be phrased better, or anything like that. I just need to get this story out. And I tell you, writing like this has made the characters and story very real, more real that any other story I have started to tell.

The wife mentioned burn out this morning, and I have to acknowledge that a schedule like this one is very difficult to maintain. I will just have to do my best to balance life and not make too many sacrifices in the name of this book.

Today I start the "bad guy" chapter and introduce him. I love a good bad guy, and I hope he turns out to be as bad as I think he will be.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 6050 (+2042)

No comments:

Post a Comment