Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Keepers DAY 22

My laptop wouldn't load up yesterday morning so I was unable to write, but to be honest, I didn't have much more to write since writing Sunday night. But the computer is up and working now and I'm back on track.

Yesterday was a tough day writing. It was the start of a new chapter, a "transition" chapter bringing the main character "home" and learning of his father's death. Not much happens in the outline (story-wise, action, interaction between people, etc.) and that's why I needed a secondary character for him to interact with. I was able to write some description and reflection, but I really need to get back to the dialog and action to "move" the story along. And I think I have it.

It's going to be a secondary romantic sub-story. An old, childhood friend who has been plotting these many years to be "the one" for him to marry when he returns. Her goals are not love, they are marrying into power and wealth. This, of course, will interfere with the real love story here.

I think today's writing efforts will be better than yesterday.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 20,158 (+920)

No comments:

Post a Comment