Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Keepers DAY 16

Argh! So many "tests."

Yesterday was a tough day of writing, and I'm not sure why. But in the end I did get out over 1500 words before I put is aside and spent some time with the family. I was fearing that it might be slowing down (if the last few days is anything of a pattern), but I know I have exciting scenes and chapters coming up so I think I should be back on track soon (like today).

But here's the test.

I received an email last night from an instructional design company I worked very hard to get under contract with last November and December. In fact, the plan was to start working with them part/full time at significantly more than I am making right now. But the work never came through. Well, they have work for me now and I have to make a decision: do I put my writing on "hold" (or at least scaled back) and put in a few hours a day for this company (and almost double my current salary); or do I tell them no thanks and continue with the breakneck writing schedule?

I think I have my answer but I need to confer with the wife. Putting the question to the Lord (not only because He has my best interest in mind with my life decisions, but I feel that He has a real stake in all this, as it is my talents and purpose involved here), I asked for a clear answer because I can be pretty dense on issues like this. So, just now, during breakfast, I opened the scriptures to a random spot and began reading. Guess where it turned to? Doctrine & Covenants Section 60. The same one that was spoken to me in a dream a few months back, clearing directed me to use my talents and that the Lord is not pleased with men who hide their talents.

I'll send this company an email to buy me enough time to confer and confirm, but I think the Lord has more in store for me with this writing.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 13,339 (+1517)

No comments:

Post a Comment