Saturday, March 20, 2010

Keepers DAY 12

Saturday. Yesterday (Friday) I spent a good part of the day manning the front counter. None of the other clerks like answering the phones and dealing with the public. Call me strange, but I love it. I really love the challenge that each person brings. But another reason I like it is there are stretches (usually) that are slow or dead. I find that I can concentrate sometimes for 20 minutes at a time out there on my writing. I had a lot of time yesterday.

Although I didn't think I had many pages handwritten, I did outline a great deal with the introduction of another (minor) character, following my detailed outline. Natalie went to a wedding shower so I had time alone to write and ended up typing well over my goal, which is good considering that after a quick comment by the wife about spending time over the weekend writing, I need to be sure to "stock up" during the week.

But I think she's right, and I need to spend time with the family on the weekend, so maybe I'll only write 1000 to 2000 for the whole weekend. I still need to write or the story might become stale.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 9972 (+2230)

No comments:

Post a Comment