Thursday, April 1, 2010

Keepers DAY 24

I am noticing that I am able to write/type faster than I could just a couple of weeks ago when I started. Last night I didn't start typing until after 9pm and even with a bedtime "rodeo" I was done with my 2000 words by 11:15pm. It is definitely getting easier. I just hope that holds out to be true for the next month or two.

Today I will be writing events that are, at least peripherally, actual accounts. These are always a challenge with historical fiction because you want/need to use these accounts but also have to make sure they fit within the story, plot, and "voice" of your writing. I struggled a little with this when I wrote the "trial" scene in Lifted Up. I had the accounts from all of the gospels, as well as insight from Jesus, The Christ, and had to use them in a way that I felt accurately portrayed the recorded accounts but blended with the story line. I think it worked well (or so I have been told my many people over the years), and I suspect it will be the same for today's writing. And, of course, I'm not using the words of deity, but you get the picture.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 23,203 (+1816)

No comments:

Post a Comment