Friday, April 2, 2010

Keepers DAY 25

I am very pleased with the writing (handwritten, anyway) that happened yesterday. I find that whenever I have a chapter or scene with a lot of dialog that the words and phrases and order of those conversations come to me in pieces at first. I will "hear" bits of it, exchanges, etc. and just have to write them down anyway I can. I think that's one of the reasons I find that I have to write a first draft longhand. My pages yesterday are filled with boxes drawn around paragraphs, lines and arrows to adjust the order, and notes off to the side to go back and include these words or this reaction. But at the end of the day I was very happy with the direction it went.

But, alas, last night I didn't type. You see, tomorrow (Friday) I am going to be interviewed on FM100 on my latest book, When Forever Doesn't Last, and had to update and fix the website as well as outline the points I wanted to cover. Frankly, it took almost all night. But that's OK, right? I wrote during the day (keeping true to the plan of writing every day) and this was related to writing (just not this current book).

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 23,203 (+0 on the computer, anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment