Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Keepers DAY 36

It's a funny thing how inspiration hits. Yesterday I was describing a scene that would have been difficult even for a modern, science fiction book (which this one is not), but made more challenging given that this story takes place hundreds of years B.C. I was looking for a word at lunch that didn't come to me until I was waiting for the elevator later that day. Out of the blue. Just like that. Now, I know it was just a word, but I find myself (after the fact of writing for a spell) wondering where that "stuff" just came from. It's an odd sensation having a story inside you striving to come out. The story is going in directions I didn't think it would; characters are taking on new life; it's pretty cool.

I'm still struggling with the whole balance thing. I think I'll post a question to one of the author Facebook groups and ask if anyone else has struggled with this and found a resolution that worked for them.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 31,320 (+0) on the computer, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment