Friday, April 9, 2010

Keepers DAY 32

During the day the light seems to be "on" and I write fast and furiously and for that I'm grateful. When I return home, however, I find that the demands (and not just demands, but requests and wishes, too) on my time put typing the day's work beneath a few things. I was feeling it so much yesterday that I had to question whether I was doing the right thing by "ignoring" Natalie (mostly) and even the kids to accomplish this goal of writing this next book by the end of May. I think it's the right thing, I just wish I had the means to type during the day.

Which brings me to my next "hair-brained" idea. I have an old copy of MS Office 2000 that I don't use anymore (I have 2007). I am going to ask the IT Help desk if I would be able to install at least Word on my computer at work. This way I could type when I have time at work, instead of taking my time at night. (But to be honest, then that opens up another "can of worms" of using company time for personal projects. I think it's one thing to jot notes down when I have "down" time in court, but quite another when I'm typing for an hour or so a day...)

Why can't I just have it all? I've said it before, but I really think I'd make a great billionaire.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count: 27,720 (+1035) But I have probably 15 pages of handwritten material still to type.

No comments:

Post a Comment