Monday, April 19, 2010

Keepers DAY 42

OK, last week was a "slow" week. There is so much going on that I needed some time to "recharge" (or at least that's what I'm calling it). One night last week I watched The Hitman (edited down, of course) because I felt that needed to recharge my batteries, so to speak. It is hard being creative all the time. Now, for me it's true that when I am in those creative moods and periods that I can't write fast enough to capture what is going on in my head, but like anything else, I need to find inspiration and immerse myself in it. Now, I'm not saying that The Hitman was truly inspiring, or anything like that, (in fact, it seriously lacked a good story and dialog, but the premise was pretty engaging, not to mention some pretty amazing camera angles and sword play...).

During this "down" time I also realized that I am starting to get bogged down with the finer details of the story. From here on out there is a lot of interaction, a lot of dialog, most of which has been "fleshed out" in the outline and I know where it's going and what needs to be said, but I found myself worrying that the new sub-plot isn't deep enough (and what do I have the two of them say), or that the chapter won't be long enough because I don't have every word of their exchange mapped out. I have had to remind myself that I'm in the stage of just getting the story out, the bones, the skeleton, and that there will be time later (during the first edit/rewrite) to add to and take away then.

I am looking forward to a good week of writing.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

Word Count (32.513) (+0)

No comments:

Post a Comment