Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Strange things are a-foot at the Circle K"

A lot has happened since I last blogged, and I have been a bit of a slacker for not sharing it all (any) of you that might care.

First, a little background.

Last year I received a telephone call from a movie producer who had just read Lifted Up and was very moved by it. He expressed a real desire to make it into a movie, and not one of these local "Mormon" movies but one destined for a national release and with a budget in excess of 8 figures. He was putting together the funds and lining up investors, but wanted to touch base with me, make sure the movie rights were still available, and generally talk about the opportunity this movie would have to touch many more people than it had already reached.
I was on a high for a couple of months. But the news died down, and there was really nothing more to report.

And then last Tuesday I am struck with the idea of sending this producer a personalized copy of Lifted Up as well as Shadow Hunter with a little note just saying "Hi" and wondering how things were going. I did a reverse search on his telephone number and found his address and planned to send the books out before we left on vacation on Thursday.

And then on Wednesday afternoon who should call me out of the blue? This producer. He had been thinking about me for a little while and had news about the movie project. It seemed that they had been working on funding a multi-movie deal and they were about ready to close the deal and just wanted to make sure everything was still a "go" on my end. I offered to purchase books for some of the decision-makers and met with two of his associates that night. It was amazing!

Now, I have kept my enthusiasm in check this past week because nothing is final or for certain at this point, but there is a real possibility that the pre-production money will be approved and they will have me start working on the screenplay. To quote the words of Ted Theodore Logan, Strange things are (indeed) a-foot in the Galli household.

So let it be done...

1 comment:

  1. I love to say -- and I knew him when!
    just finished Dan Brown's Lost Symbol - one of your next on my list!!

    ReplyDelete