Sunday, October 3, 2010

Keepers DAY [who knows?]

I have been derelict in my duties and my goal to report daily on my progress on my latest book, Keepers of the Sword. Rest assured (for the one or two of you that might actually be interested in what stories are locked away inside this odd little brain of mine) that I have continued to write nearly every day, but have not committed or found (made) the time to type that writing into MS Word since about my last entry. As I sit here, I look down at the foot of my desk (off to the left and almost around the side) and see three full 70-page, college ruled notebooks full of the book, with another one in my bag that is nearly completed. That's nearly 280 pages of handwritten material to type up (that will equal well over 300 pages in Word). Keepers is, to date, my longest book.

As I near the ending, though, I suspect I will continue to do what I have always done, and that is finish my handwritten draft, take a month or so to type it up, do a couple of edits and rewrites, let a few close friends read it and get feedback on it, and then submit it to an eagerly (and patiently) waiting editor and publisher and hope it passes their board.

I'm not sure how often I will write in this, but I commit to try harder to keep you all updated.

So let it be written...

so let it be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment